I wouldn’t say it’s a confession of an online shoppaholic. It’s more like putting things into perspective from a target audience’s eyes who happens to be a semi insider.
My Favourite eCommerce site of all time is ASOS! No doubt about it. It’s THE eCommerce site that got me addicted to online shopping and abandon brick and mortar as a whole.
Why do I love ASOS? Cheap and stylish isn’t just the only factors. [All images below are screen cape
1. Appeal to your Audience
Most of the customers, including me are almost always attracted by its deals and offering. Much too often, I didn’t end up buying just the discounted products, but a lot more full price products.
They know their target audience well. What are they looking for? They are looking for affordable fashion that gives you your character and make you able to stay up with the trend without paying your whole salary.
Deals on Home Page:
What grabs your first attention is the key visual that showcase “what’s in?”.
And next – Deals! Prominent discount sign just beneath the top navigation:
What’s more? They appeal to both people who look for a percentage discount with image and also the people who look for a fixed amount off discount with plain text.
- Free shipping to over 190 countries. Try beating that.
- 850 brands from fast fashion to high street fashion at outlet prices.
- All prices are shown in my local currency.
3. User Friendliness
- All you have to do on Home Page is to pick gender and what items you are looking for. To avoid cluster, you can filter by size, colors, price ranges and brands etc. The filters are all conveniently located on your left hand side that doesn’t distract you from the alluring products
- After filtering, you can actually see what fits you. You can choose the viewing options to display more for your to you see at one time. I can further sort by price and what’s new
- If there’s multiple colors available, there’s a sign showing ‘More Colors”. When mouse over the products, you have the options to save or quick view, which is pretty normal for all fashion ecommerce site. What really got me is their Runway video of almost all products that helps you the visualize how the piece of clothing looks like on human (They give you the size of the model and what size they are wearing too)
- Fit Visualizer – that’s actually something new that I never tried. I personally just think it’s a good gimmick but not that friendly to use. Not that I will actually take out a dress and measure it according to the instruction and fill that in. – Nope, not for me. The size guide is actually more practical.
- Enticing suggestion – they match a look for you that you can easily “buy the look” with a click and also the product suggestion are so accurate. The dresses they show are just what I also like.
- The checkout is just smooth.
3. Way to get you
- Abandon carted email – after you put in a few items in your cart and you didn’t check out with. You immediately get an email reminding you what you liked
- Limited Time offers – You get it all the time with a count-down ticking on the animated email
- Fans only offers – there are landing pages that are posted on Facebook that are only available for a limited of time that builds your urge
Enough for today. Now I have some serious shopping today. Stay Fab! Guess what I will buy? ;-p