Holiday is approaching, for girls like me – single bell, single bell, single all the way. A good chick flick is my best friend for the holiday.
Let’s count how many of these quotes you actually remember:
1. “To me, you are perfect.” – Love Actually
2. “In the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.” – The Holiday
3. ” I like you very much. Just as you are. ” – Bridget Jone’s Dairy
4. “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Notthing Hill
5. “It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over” – The Notebook
6. “Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me… it brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that, Rose. I’m thankful. You must do me this honor. Promise me you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.” – Titanic
7. “Wish I knew how to quit you.” – The Brokeback Mountains
8. “Promise me. You’ll come back for me.” – The English Patient
9. “Nobody puts Baby to the corner.” – Dirty Dancing
10. “Break up; break down, drink up and fool around.” – Two Days in Paris
11. “You are gonna miss your flight.” – Before sunset
12. “You can’t lose something you never had.” – How to lose a guy in 10 days
13. “Will you take off your shirt… fuck! Seriously? It’s like you’re Photoshopped!” – Crazy, Stupid, Love
14. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today.” – One Day
15. “Sometimes the things you want the most don’t happen and what you least expect happens. I don’t know – you meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.” – Love and other drugs
My all time favourite comes from a TV series “Welcome to the age of “un-innocence.” No one has breakfast at Tiffany’s, and no one has affairs to remember. Instead, we have breakfast at 7:00 a.m. and affairs we try to forget as quickly as possible. ” – Sex & the City.
We all got Carrie-d away sometimes. Happy Holiday!
Reblogged this on Lost in The World Map.